Pocket Coil Mattresses
At Von Viva we create premium, pocket coil mattresses that are built in a modular manner, offering the ultimate in flexibility. Founded in 1976, we design and manufacture right here in our workshop, shipping directly to your door, and bypassing retail middlemen. We have been successful with our unique approach to pocket-coil construction because we tailor each mattress to fully accommodate the sleeper over the long term.
A unique attribute of our pocket coil mattresses is that we can easily accommodate two sleepers’ differing preferences. We see this as a vital “marriage saver”, and it is a point of pride that we can facilitate our customers’ long-term co-sleeping comfort.
Here is a sketch of the typical construction of a pocket coil mattress:
Key Benefits of our Pocket-Coil Mattresses
- They can be tailored for two sleepers at once, in one mattress; for example, firm on the left side, soft on the right – while providing a completely seamless feel over the surface.
- Should your mattress needs change over time, you simply can replace one or components, at a much lower cost than getting an entirely new mattress.
- We can also accommodate different preferences vertically, e.g. soft in the shoulder region, and medium in the hip region to alleviate neck vs. hip pain. And yes, these too can be different for each sleeper on one mattress.
- Top layer components can be flipped, rotated or replaced, giving the mattress great longevity. They can also be moved around within the mattress to make adjustments easily, (e.g. move the soft side to the left or right).
- You can further customize your pocket-coil mattress by selecting from a range luxurious materials: Natural Dunlop Latex, Organic Talalay Latex, Joma Wool, Organic GOTS Cotton, as well as many thicknesses of quality plush synthetics. This enables customizing for heat, texture and softness. The pocket coils themselves also offer several options regarding firmness.
- Our pocket-coil mattresses can be customized to almost any size. Visit our oversized page for more information.
- We include a personal phone consultation (or video call) with one our Mattress Consultants to ensure your order ideally specified to you, scheduled before production begins.
- We offer replacement components for pocket coil mattresses to keep you mattress in peak condition, and to accommodate your changing preferences over time. Refurbishment means your mattress can provide a lifetime of perfect sleep, while reducing waste to the environment.
Von Viva’s pocket coil mattresses come in several varieties. The following chart maps the distinctions between our models:
Von Viva’s 6 Step Process to a Perfect Sleep
- Visit our online shop to order the mattress that can best accommodate your sleep needs. Feel free to call us first if you are not certain of the best selection.
- You’ll receive a brief questionnaire about your sleep preferences to customize your mattress. Please fill it in, and send it back to us.
- One of our Von Viva Mattress Consultants will call you to review your questionnaire responses and confirm your (and if applicable, your partner’s) sleep preferences.
- Over 2 – 4 weeks, Von Viva builds your made-to-order pocket coil mattress. When ready, we’ll notify you that it has been shipped. Shipping takes 6 – 12 days.
- Your new mattress arrives! After opening, simply arrange the varying component segments within the zippered mattress cover, following our easy instructions, and zip it up. The assembly process takes about 10 – 15 minutes, and no tools (or great strength) are required.
- Make up your bed as you normally would, and enjoy a beautiful sleep. If anything does not feel quite right about your mattress, simply give us a call and we’ll promptly and personally assist you. We sincerely appreciate positive reviews too!
Shipping: Shipping is included in our prices, assuming easily-accessible North American destinations. We also pack our mattresses into layers of heavy cardboard and fabric to ensure pristine delivery. Most of our mattress models quickly disassemble and reassemble, making them easy to move through doorways. For more shipping information click here.
Warranty: Logistics of returning whole mattresses can be difficult. That’s why at Von Viva, we offer replacement components, at far less than the cost of an entire mattress. While mattresses will typically last 8 – 15 years without refurbishment, we offer components for purchase at reasonable prices that also include shipping. For more about our warranty, please click here.